King Quad fuel filters

Sat May 30, 2009 11:07 am

The guys I was with last year on the Greenwood ride know about the fuel filter problem I had.
The King Quad's fuel filter is the size of a tea bag and lives inside the fuel tank, and the longer you own it and ride, the dirtier the filter gets as a result of fine debris in retail gasoline and dust that gets in from the vent.
Nothing you can do about it, it just gets dirtier until it won't flow fuel fast enough to keep up with the engine's needs. And it's a long way in under the plastic to get at the tank and filter when you're out in a campsite.
Actually any fuel injected ATV is going to be in the same boat, and have a little in-tank filter.

And Suzuki doesn't sell the filter alone! They want to sell you the entire fuel pump/fuel gauge sending unit/fuel filter assembly, for over $400.00.

Anyway the Australian company Pro-Fill has stepped up to the plate and now sells a better than stock fuel filter. Same guys who make this filler neck filter.

This in-tank fuel filter is not only inexpensive but it's twice the length of the stock one and utilizes the entire bottom of the gas pickup boot.

http://www.profill-australia.com/

Mine is on order. :mrgreen:
ps. they ship right to your door and when you order by Paypal the price pops up as $18.00 US$ total. Maybe someone screwed up.. it's worth it at twice the price though, trust me.

Re: King Quad fuel filters

Sat May 30, 2009 4:00 pm

You must have bought the last one GL.

Sat May 30, 2009 5:21 pm

Wow, either you're getting kickbacks from them, or you really believe in their products!

How long did the shipping take when you got your fill neck filter?

Sat May 30, 2009 5:29 pm

Took under two weeks to get the filler neck filter.
I just saw the sold out thingie.

No kickbacks I just know what a PIA it is to have that breakdown, and I have been looking for an in-tank pump filter to replace my cleaned out and stitched up franken-filter, for almost a year now.

Sat May 30, 2009 10:00 pm

How many km's on your machine, now? I would have thought (perhaps erroneously) that they would last a pretty long time, especially relative to a quad's lifespan.

Sun May 31, 2009 5:33 am

I have 8000 Km.
I think I had a bad batch or three from a filling station with corroded tanks. Who knows?

Sun May 31, 2009 3:09 pm

At $18US and new stock in on June 25 I ordered mine.

Jerry

Sun May 31, 2009 6:43 pm

Glenlivet wrote:The guys I was with last year on the Greenwood ride know about the fuel filter problem I had.

Having played surgical nurse to Dr. Suzuki ( :pointlaugh: No not that a-hole! The other one.) whilst he performed the extraction of said fuel filter there is no way in hell I'd attempt repairing it without seeing it done once. It ain't an easy fix. I think I know three Kingquad owners who'll be placing an order. Good find Glenlivet!

Sun May 31, 2009 7:42 pm

Another option is to purchase a Mr. Funnel that will block the dirt and water from entering the tank. The Pro-Fill will only block dirt and allows water to pass which can damage the pump and injector. I have the six inch dia model that been using for three years now, carry it in my storage box JIC I need to add fuel on the trail.

http://www.mrfunnel.com/Mr._Funnel/Home.html

Sun May 31, 2009 8:39 pm

Zuk wrote:JIC I need to add fuel on the trail.

:shock: We fill up on the trail on just about every ride!

Sun May 31, 2009 10:03 pm

Treds wrote: :shock: We fill up on the trail on just about every ride!

Ya, but you're a madman :mrgreen:

GL, 8000km on your quad, I'm not surprised you need a new filter, bad gas or not! I'll be surprised if mine lasts that long (which will not be Suzuki's fault, but mine for rolling it down a cliff or something :whistle: )

Sun May 31, 2009 10:05 pm

Zuk wrote:Another option is to purchase a Mr. Funnel that will block the dirt and water from entering the tank. The Pro-Fill will only block dirt and allows water to pass which can damage the pump and injector. I have the six inch dia model that been using for three years now, carry it in my storage box JIC I need to add fuel on the trail.

http://www.mrfunnel.com/Mr._Funnel/Home.html

Where did you buy the Mr. funnel?

Sun May 31, 2009 10:09 pm

exploderck wrote:Wow, either you're getting kickbacks from them, or you really believe in their products!

How long did the shipping take when you got your fill neck filter?

Got my filler neck filter Friday, took 8 days right to my door and free shipping when buying it on ebay through them.

Sun May 31, 2009 10:10 pm

Lordco, under the Racor label

Sun May 31, 2009 10:25 pm

Glenlivet wrote:Lordco, under the Racor label

Thank you.